West Village Post-War Apartment Tour with Nikki Part 2 - 800 square feet
We've all had a long frustrating year dealing with Covid and life but thankfully we can find things to distract us from the new norm. I'm so fortunate to tour Nikki from @thecubancarrie 's new apartment in the West Village which is a cross between a cottage home or doll house. It's every girl's dream to move to NYC and live an iconic Sex in the City life with a walk in closet filled with shoes and clothes galore. Nikki lives with her rescue dog Marty in the most cozy, well designed abode that's filled with love and balance. Check out my live tour of her home on IGTV @tanika_nyclifestyle.
Nikki's Take on Living in NYC
1. How many years have you lived in Manhattan and tell us how it is to live in more than 5 apartments?
I’ve lived in NYC since 2015. It’s exhausting moving (almost every year) but worth it in the end because you get to experience different parts of the city!
2. What advice would you give anyone moving to NYC for the first time?
Be open to it all. Don’t be a homebody. That doesn’t mean you have to spend money, but go out and explore. Walk until you can’t anymore. Take in the sights, the sounds, the people. Talk to everyone. Make friends. Ask questions. The city is yours for the taking if you allow it to give you all of itself!
3. Name your favorite stores to shop for home decor and furniture?
4. Do you see yourself living anywhere else in the future and where would you go?
I would love to stay in NYC forever, but if I ever got the chance to live in Europe or the UK (specifically London), I’d jump at the chance!
5. Share some of your best spots in NYC?
There are so many gems in NYC. Think outside the box and explore other boroughs. The Brooklyn museum, the NY Botanical Gardens, Arthur Ave. Also there’s great street art in Bushwick called the Bushwick Collective!
6. Do you miss anything about your hometown in Miami?
The weather in Jan, Feb. My family. Authentic Cuban Food. Other than that, NYC has my heart!
7. Pizza or bagels? What are your favorite foods to eat?
Omg, don’t do this to me! It’s hard. But I’d have to say I’m a Pizza Princess through and through. There’s not much I wouldn’t do for a great slice of pizza (Joe’s, Williamsburg Pizza, John’s on Bleecker).
8. List your favorite colors to wear and to decorate your home?
I love color in my wardrobe and patterns!
In my home, I love neutrals with a pop of bold color like my jewel toned green couch from Target!
9. Tell us the riskiest thing you've done in your life?
I moved to NYC without a job - BEST decision of my life!