Brooklyn, NY(Ditmas Park) Home Tour with Matthew
Brooklyn is a borough filled with historical apartments that have a magnetic energy and flow. Matthew James aka (brooklynartboy) 's home is filled with eclectic mixes of collected vintage treasures and palatial rooms. Join us for a tour of Matthew's pre-war apartment built in the 1940's who he shares with his cat Cordelia and partner Casey. Check out a live home tour of his apartment on instagram @tanika_nyclifestyle.
Matthew's Take on Living in Brooklyn, NY
1. How long have you lived in Brooklyn, NY? I’ve lived in Brooklyn for 6 years since moving to NYC with my partner.
2. Where are you originally from and what inspired you to pick your apartment? I’m originally from Middlebury, Vermont which is a college town. Coming from our previous apartment which was only 550sq ft, we knew we wanted more space and something in a pre-war building. We were also looking for an apartment with more natural light and with a layout that naturally flowed but also provided some division between the rooms.
3. What's the size of your pad? Our apartment is 900sq ft, one bedroom.
4. Name five elements that are key to a happy space in your home? Natural light, texture, shape, functionality and longevity.
5. Which room is your favorite and why?