Brooklyn (Bushwick) Home Tour with Alvin
November leaves are falling and the air is crisp and unusaully cold in NYC. With that said, I'm showcasing Alvin Wayne's beautiful 18th century townhome in Brooklyn that he shares with his Partner. Alvin's 1,088 square foot home is immaculate and touched with midcentury charm. Check out my IGTV NYC Home tour series to see the live video tour @tanika_nyclifestyle.
Alvin's view on Living in Brooklyn, NY
1. How long have you lived in Brooklyn, NY?
2.Do you rent or own and how many square feet is your home?
Own and total square ft 1088.
3.What word would describe your design aesthetic?
Mid century modern and 70’s inspired.
4. Where else would you live other than Brooklyn, NY?
LES (Lower East Side) ... nowhere outside of NYC.
5. List your favorite items in your home and explain why?
The sofa... because I listed after it for sooooo long and finally got it! It’s a nod to 70’s vintage but it’s new from cb2... the reproduction Pierre Jeanneret chairs, and my antique floor mirror.
6. Name two of your favorite designers and why they enlighten your vision?
Kelly Wrestler and Frank Lloyd Wrought.
7. Where have you traveled that inspired your home decor?
Believe it or not I just began to travel aboard... but being exposed to design early on and in college and the many many people I’ve encountered has inspired my taste in decor.